Monday Open Mic Night
Every Monday from 6-9pm:
For writers who haven’t played at the Bluebird and writers from out of town, Open Mic is the place to start.
- Trying out new material
- Meeting other writers
- Becoming a part of the songwriting community
- Practicing your performing skills
**Anyone is eligible to play at Open Mic as long as your material is original!
How to Sign up:
We take phone sign-ups! Please call 615-943-8168 between the hours of 11am – 12 Noon CST on Monday morning for the Monday night you are looking to perform.
**We will take the first 25 songwriters who call in to sign-up. (Each songwriter is allowed one guest).
***You can only sign-up for the open mic on the day that you are calling! We do not accept advanced sign-ups.
Writers who are on the list must be at the club and check in with the host by 5:15pm on that Monday evening in order to perform.
Please remember the following guidelines as they remain in place: Each participating writer will get the chance to play 1-2 original songs, solo or accompanied by no more than two others on stage. Drums and backing tracks are not allowed. We do have a house Kawai digital piano that is available to use (88-weighted keys).
Sunday Writers Night
Sunday Nights 8-11pm:
Writers Nights feature about 8 songwriter who play 3 songs each. The show is hosted and ends with a special guest performance by a hit-writing songwriter from the Nashville music industry.
QUALIFICATIONS to play a Writers Night:
- Must have passed our Audition process
- Performances are scored and filed to determine when a writer is eligible to perform a Spotlight show AND/OR an early show [6pm or 6:30pm show Tuesday-Saturday]
- NO PAY for these shows but CD sales are allowed
How to Audition for our Sunday Writers Night:
- Only open for:
- Nashville Residents or anyone residing within a 100 mile radius of Nashville and/or active members of an NSAI regional chapter
- Judged by the Bluebird Staff and professionals from the Music Industry
- Each person auditioning is asked to play a verse/chorus of one Original song (one minute long)
- All auditions must be acoustic, with no drums or backing tracks
- No more than 3 people on stage
The date of the next audition is to be announced
Sunday Nights @6PM:
Our Sunday Spotlight is typically a plugged-in show where we offer bands who perform their own original music the opportunity to play The Bluebird. Spotlight performers are chosen from our ranks of songwriters who have bands, as well as local and national touring artists, who would like to perform on this 1-hour set.
Qualifications to play a Spotlight Show:
- Must have played at least 4 Sunday Writers’ Nights and have high scores from our judges
- Staff writers from established Nashville publishing companies and touring artists with product and local/national press
**Spotlight bands can include up to 6 pieces (including a very small drum kit)
**There is no pay for these shows but performer merchandise sales are allowed. The Bluebird takes no percentage of those sales!
Tuesday – Saturday at 6 or 6:30PM:
Early show time slots feature the best up and coming songwriters selected from our Sunday Writers’ Nights. They are typically presented “In-The-Round.” Writers who have played at least four Sunday nights and have high scores from our judges, can then be considered to play an early show. If you don’t already have a following, you should continue to play Sunday nights and Open Mic.
**Booking inquiries can be sent to: email@example.com
Tuesday – Saturday at 9 or 9:30PM:
Late show time slots are primarily reserved for hit songwriters. They are typically presented “In-The-Round.” Our in-the-round shows consist of four songwriters seated in the center of the room, trading songs and stories.
The shows are created by the songwriters themselves, making it a rare situation where someone is added to a show without knowing the other writers who are performing.
Our solo stage shows (“An Evening with …”) feature local and national acts with a large following.
**Booking inquiries can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org