The Bluebird Cafe has joined many other local venues in making the health and safety of our staff, songwriters and customers our highest priority. Below you will find a summary of actions we are taking to help ensure we are lowering the risk for spreading COVID-19 as much as possible.
In addition to our existing standards for health and sanitation, we are:
• Requiring all Bluebird staff members to be fully vaccinated* with either the Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
• Requiring staff members to wear a mask while on the premises until further notice.
• Requiring audience members to show proof of full vaccination* with either the Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson or AstraZeneca vaccine or negative Covid-19 test administered by or under the supervision of a healthcare provider and taken within 48 hours of show entry. Fully Vaccinated/Full vaccination=final vaccination completed with 2nd shot at least 14 days prior. Proof of vaccination and test results must bear a name that matches the government-issued identification for the patron that is seeking entry.
- We will accept a printed, or digital copy of a negative COVID-19 test result administered by or under the supervision of a healthcare professional within 48 hours of the date of the show you are attending. At-home tests will not be accepted under any circumstance.
- We will accept a picture or scan on your cell phone, photocopy, or original document of your CDC-issued vaccination card. If you need a replacement vaccine card, you can contact your vaccine provider or local health department.
- If our staff has grounds to believe that you have presented fraudulent or falsified documents, we reserve the right to deny you entry into our establishment. If you are unvaccinated, we encourage you to wear a mask even if you have tested negative for COVID within the past 48 hours before the show.
• Requiring our performers and their guests to be fully vaccinated* or provide negative Covid-19 test within 48 hours of performance until further notice as we have no way of distancing our stage from the audience and noting that spread of COVID-19 occurs via airborne particles and droplets, (e.g., quiet breathing, speaking, singing, exercise, coughing, sneezing).
• Promoting behaviors to reduce the spread of COVID-19, such as encouraging staff members to stay home when they are feeling unwell; requiring staff to frequently wash hands before, during, and after preparing food and after touching garbage; asking staff to wear cloth face coverings and conducting daily health checks with staff, such as temperature screenings and symptom checking.
• Increasing cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation in our business by cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and installation of approved MERV-13 air filters.
• Limiting seating capacity, and discouraging crowded waiting areas, providing hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol on every table, on the bar, at the club entrance, and POS, using touchless menus, providing disinfectant wipes, no-touch trashcans, and cloth face coverings to employees.
• Customers will be informed, through posted signage, that masks are encouraged and available, especially when not eating or drinking. The CDC recommends that masks are worn in public indoor spaces in areas with high transmission rates regardless of vaccination status. The CDC also recommends that unvaccinated people wear masks at all times. Staff is required to wear masks, and we highly encourage mask-wearing for all patrons, and will have free masks available at points of entry.
Thanks for understanding that we are doing the best we can with our tiny room and our close quarters to keep The Bluebird open and all of our family members safe. We appreciate everyone’s support and look forward to better days ahead.
Before you travel to The Bluebird, please screen yourself for any possible Covid-19 symptoms. Symptoms include:
- Fever (equal to or greater than 100.4°F) or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle and body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
RESOURCES: * Find a vaccine near you by texting your zipcode to 438-829.