We, at The Bluebird Cafe, want you to know that as a team we are monitoring the news and recommendations about the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We are involved in ongoing discussions about how best to keep our patrons and staff healthy and want to assure you that, as always, we are dedicated to our responsibility to keep everyone connected to the club healthy and safe.
At present, we are open for business as usual and our staff is following recommended cleaning and safety measures, including frequent handwashing. Our food service team has always followed best practices in food handling and continues to do so, with a heightened awareness of today’s needs.
We strongly recommend that every patron follow the preventive guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), outlined below. For the well-being of your fellow patrons, if you feel ill, please stay home.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
We will keep you updated on any new developments in our response to the outbreak via our website and social media channels.
For additional information and updates about Coronavirus outbreak, visit the Centers for Disease Control website (https://www.cdc.gov/) or the World Health Organization website (https://www.who.int/).